I'm starting to feel a little demotivated about that. One of the reasons I wanted to move here was for the bike culture and I feel sad that I can't experience it just yet (and so jealous of all the people I see everyday biking)... It's a thing that takes time and as I'm an impatient person, I usually struggle when I don't see improvements happening right away, which is a normal thing to happen. But I still feel discouraged. I can't get my mind around these pedal breaks they use here in Denmark. Up until two weeks ago, I didn't even know those existed! Also, my feet don't totally touch the ground and I quickly (and disastrously) lose balance. Danes don't seem to mind it at all (they make it seem so easy!!!). Plus, they are tall, of course their feet touch the ground. :) For me it's difficult to bike like that. I feel unsafe.
No more about this subject, it's getting way too long. But I might do a post about it in the future. Would that be interesting at all? My thoughts, and my improvement at riding. Maybe.
Actually, I extensively talked about this with Mian, a girl I met on Sunday. She has been my friend on Facebook for YEARS, so it was awesome to finally meet her in a cool place like this. She has been living in Copenhagen for two years now, so she already has her insights about it.
(Sorry for the crappy iPhone picture)
We met at Nørreport Station and then went for an afternoon treat. Apparently, a classic danish meal: grøt (please correct me if I am wrong). I really liked it!
(Danes have weird - and wicked - kindergardens)
After talking for 3 hours or so, we decided to walk around Nørrebro before dark. We didn't know where to go, until I suddenly remembered a place I really REALLY wanted to go. She checked on her phone and, luckily, we were not far from it at all. So we just went to Superkilen, the coolest park ever.
Took some pics:
Thanks for the pic! :)
I later realized that we only visited part of it, so a new visit is definitely on my plans (also at a different time of day. I want to take sunny photos!).
Hope you're having a great week. And feel free to write me any feedback on the comment section!
Inês



















No comments:
Post a Comment